This website and/or mobile app is operated by Code4gamers.
Our legal status is that of a “data controller” and in this capacity we will securely store and process your/your children’s personal information which you/your children may have provided to us or which we may otherwise collect. Data controller is a legal term used in EU legislation to signify the person who controls what to do with any given personal information.
The Services are designed partly for children. Therefore we are aware that we must be extra cautious when processing personal information. Currently children can only use our services by playing games, there is no area in the children’s services to enter any personal information themselves. Typically, the only part of the Services where anyone can enter personal information directly is non child services. Accordingly, in most cases, we do not anticipate that we will be collecting personal information directly from any children. We anticipate and assume that we will be collecting personal information only from parents or guardians.
If you are under the age of 13, you may only use the Services and provide personal information if you have the consent of, and are supervised by, a parent or guardian.
If we believe a child using the Services is under 13 we will not process any personal information of that child without the consent of the parent or guardian. If the user is 13 or over we will only collect and process personal information as long as we believe the user understands what is involved.
What personal information do we collect?
We may collect the following personal information:
- email address;
- country and other geolocation information;
- date of birth;
- password and other authentication information;
- responses to any customer satisfaction surveys or market research (unless these are provided anonymously);
- marketing preferences;
- children’s name(s);
- children’s date(s) of birth;
- any information you (or your child) submits as part of a competition; and
information about your device (such as your IP address or other device identifier) and your (or your child’s) usage or the Services through cookies (and similar technologies) as further described below.If you contact us with a complaint or query, we may keep a record of any phone number used to call our customer service team as well as the correspondence.
How and when we collect your/your children’s personal information
- We may collect personal information from you when you/your children:
- participate in, access or sign up to any of the Services’ activities, online content, newsletters, or competitions;
- create an online account or fill in any other forms on the Services;
- contact our customer service teams or request information from us in any other way;
- respond to communications from us;
- participate in our customer satisfaction surveys or other market research; or
- communicate with us via social networking websites, third party apps or similar technologies.When you browse or otherwise use the Services, we will also collect certain information about your device and your use of the Services using cookies and similar technologies as further described below.We will indicate where any personal information we have requested is mandatory or optional. Please note that if you decide not to provide certain information which we have indicated is mandatory, in some circumstances this may mean we are unable to provide you with a certain service or product.We may also collect personal information about you from third party sources, such as from our sub-contractors
How we may use your/your children’s personal information
- We (or third party data processors acting on our behalf) may collect, store and use your/your children’s personal information for the following purposes:
- to provide our Services, activities or online content and to provide information about our Services, activities and online content which may be tailored to your/your children’s individual tastes;
- to contact prize winners of competitions;
- to identify you/your child as the winner of a particular competition;
- to send out newsletters you/your children have subscribed to;
- to provide you/your children with services that you request;
- for system administration purposes and for internal operations (including troubleshooting, data analysis, and testing) to ensure the Services operate properly;
- to distinguish you from other users (for example to remember your log-in details);
- to analyse your use of the Services to improve the user experience and to ensure that content is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your device;
- to notify you of any changes to the Services;
- to provide customer support and ensure we provide a good level of customer service;
- where you have given us your consent or we are otherwise permitted by law, to contact you/your children (including by e-mail) with products and services which we think may interest you/your children – you can unsubscribe from our marketing communications at any time;
- where you have given your consent, to pass your personal information to selected third parties for marketing purposes; and
- for geo-based redirection (so that if you see the correct version of the Services depending on the country from which you are accessing the Services);
- for security and fraud prevention;
- to ensure that our Services are safe and secure; and
- to comply with applicable laws and regulations.We may also collect information about visitors to and users of the Services for the purposes of aggregate statistics or reporting purposes
Legal basis for processing your personal information
- We will only process your/your child’s personal information where we have a legal basis to do so. The legal basis will depend on the purposes for which we have collected and use the personal information. In almost every case the legal basis will be one of the following:
- Consent: For example, where you have provided your consent to receive certain marketing from us. You can withdraw your consent at any time, including by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link at the bottom of any marketing email we send you.
- Our legitimate business interests: Where it is necessary for us to understand our customers, promote our services and operate effectively as a provider of children’s content and related services, provided in each case that this is done in a legitimate way which does not unduly affect your or your child’s privacy and other rights.
- Compliance with law: Where we are subject to a legal obligation and need to use your personal information in order to comply with that obligation.
Where we store your personal information
How we keep your personal information
We take steps to ensure that the personal information we collect is retained for only as long as it is necessary for the purpose for which it was collected. After this period it will be deleted or in some cases anonymised.Where we have collected personal information based on your consent and we have no other lawful basis to continue with that processing, if you subsequently withdraw your consent then we will delete your personal information. However, please note that where you unsubscribe from our marketing communications, we will keep a record of your email address to ensure we do not send you marketing emails in future
Do we share personal information with third parties
Cookies and similar technology
Third party sites